Monday, May 12, 2008

Lizi's Organic Granola

It takes a lot to impress me when it comes to food. As a chef, I am excited when I find a new food product that actually entices me. I recently stumbled upon a new granola cereal created by the GoodCarb Food Company called Lizi's Granola. It's the best pre-packaged granola I've ever had. I recommend it not just for the taste but because its made from high quality ingredients mostly nuts, seeds and coconut, and not overly sweet, using blackstrap molasses and agave nectar.

It has a low GL or glycemic load which means it will have a very minimal effect on your blood sugar levels. That's great news.
The founder of the company Lizi Shaw first began making this granola on her organic farm in West Wales. And it has gotten so popular that it is now available in the USA.

I like to use it as a topping for my Acai power bowl, or oatmeal, add a half a cup to pancake batter to give added texture, or just munch on a handful, which constitutes a serving and delivers 250 calories and only 4g saturated fat. Definitely add this product to your pre/postnatal pantry. Look for this new granola at your local health food stores, Whole Foods and Westerly are carrying it in Manhattan. Or try online at www.terrafinafoods.com

No comments: