Friday, September 2, 2011

The Daily Front Row: CHIC REPORT- Rebecca Minkoff

My adorable pregnant client and fashion stylist extraordinaire Rebecca Minkoff is getting close to her NY fashion week show, but she took some time to catch up with the DAILY Front Row and share about the Mama Glow Film Festival. See her article below! Go Rebecca!!




The Hamptons! We know we haven't given you enough coverage (Ha!) about our beloved getaway this summer,
so Rebecca Minkoff writes in with her recent adventure on the East End to make you feel like you were there. And who are we kidding? Summer's not over yet! Our Daily Dan this weekend is a must read. But first let's see what Rebecca's been up to... For the record: This was pre-Irene.

"The Hamptons in the summer time is a unique paradox. While my blood pressure always drops a little bit when I arrive there due to the fact that it’s the chicest, most relaxing beach-y locale to go and get away from it all. The Hamptons are also teeming with social events, step & repeats, and fancy-pants lunch engagements. After much practice, I think I’ve found a perfect balance of relaxation and socializing while I’m up there. Recently, amidst my sunbathing, I was lucky enough to attend and be on the host committee at the 1st annual Mama Glow Film Festival in the sleepy, stunning Hamptons hamlet of Sag Harbor. My good friend, and healthy pregnancy extraordinaire (and personal pre-natal yoga instructor), Latham Thomas is the founder of this festival and her first endeavor to showcase two films that bring awareness to maternal health and birth options was a runaway hit. It was a very happy, smiling crowd that I am glad to have been a part of. The guest list was right up my alley with supermodel extraordinaire Christy Turlington-Burns premiering her directorial debut documentary film No Woman, No Cry. Christy is probably one of the most stunning women I’ve seen in a long time. Her film is beautifully told, well produced and emotionally gripping. It tells the powerful stories of four women experiencing at-risk pregnancies in various locations around the world, such as Bosnia and Tanzania. I know I’m uber-pregnant at the moment, so I might be a little biased on the matter, but I absolutely loved it. The second film on tap for the day, Madame Tizo by David Belle, was introduced by the talented and lovely Selita Ebanks. His film tells the inspiring story of a 100-year-old Haitian midwife/leaf doctor known as “Ms. Little Bones” and how her traditional practices positively influence her community. It was educational, and super fun to watch. After the films, I was honored to be a part of a discussion panel that included Latham Thomas, Drena DeNiro, Denise Albert & Tata Harper, founder of a remarkable skin care line that I swear by. We wanted to talk about some of the issues that face women around the world and what we can all do to help. Being in a room with so many ambitious, socially aware women was an experience I won’t soon forget. At the end of the day, I had really worked up quite an appetite, and I wanted to try somewhere new. My husband and I made our way over to the delicious SEN Japanese restaurant in Sag Harbor. All of the Hamptons are raving about this place, with a great many calling it the best sushi in the area. Well, after indulging in what seemed like everything on the menu an expecting mother can eat, I can concur. The Sesame Tofu was a knock out, and I plan to make a pit stop in here every time I’m within driving distance of Sag Harbor."

To hear more about my adventures and get up-to-the-minute updates on what I’m up to, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and on my blog.

No comments: