Saturday, September 10, 2011

From Farm-to-Face: Why I'm Obsessed with Tata Harper!

Those who know me know how much I love skin care products. People always ask me what I use on my skin and how come it looks so youthful. I'm about to let you all in on a little secret, I've been using Tata Harper skin careproducts for my face for a little over a year now and I'm in LOVE. I first came across Tata Harper's products through my gorgeous friend Denise Mari- owner of Organic Avenue. Talk about beautiful skin, Denise has been practicing raw veganism for years, before it was even popular. She's always on the cutting edge of what's hip and natural, and the real thing.

Tata Harper was an easy sell. We've all heard of Farm-to-Fork, well Tata is leading the Farm-to-Face movement! Her products are chemical free, made from plant essences that grow right on her lush farm in Vermont and the rest of her ingredients are wild harvested in a few special places in the world where the land is well tended with organic and sustainable farming practices.With anywhere from 6-29 active ingredients in each product this line is no joke. Tata is a trained chemist from Colombia who is living the dream. Since before I ever met the beauty maven in the flesh, I had a friend crush on Tata Harper. When we finally met at an Organic Avenue hosted event for her brand where I was a speaker on supplements and beauty we connected big time.

Most recently Tata served as a panelist for the Mama Glow Film Festival and she's a part of my forth coming bookMama Glow: A Hip Guide to your Fabulous & Abundant Pregnancy, which will be released in the fall of 2012. Don't let her teenage appearance fool you, the Columbian beauty is the mother of two and has carved out a space for herself in the fashion and beauty scene making organic, plant based, and natural skin care chic, not granola.

I can sing Tata's praises all day, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to come home to a beautiful care package from her yesterday. I opened the box that was packed with corrugated cardboard strips that looked like eco confetti. There was a personal handwritten note from Tata that I've already put up on my "feel good board" in my office and deep inside there was her signature green velvet pouch with gold string containing her Deluxe Beauty Set. I'm like a kid in the candy store now because I LOOOVE pampering my skin and Tata taught me a self care practice that I can do every day. Her 6 step AM/PM routine for incredible looking skin will change the way you look.
Here are the products I use and go to Tata's site for more details and to purchase:
1. Regenerating Cleanser
2. Hydrating Floral Essence (like a toner)
3. Rejuvenating Serum
4. Rebuilding Moisturizer
5. Restorative Eye Creme
6. Replenishing Nutrient Complex

Once a week I use the Resurfacing Mask for my face, usually on Sundays when I can lounge and take a hot soak and relax. After the bath I use the Revitalizing Body Oil. Follow Tata's specific instructions on the site and you will sing her praises as I do. She's truly on the vanguard of making holistic beauty a widely embraced experience while maintaining total integrity in her product and practices. To learn more about my friend Tata Harper check out her webiste- www.tataharperskincare.com

No comments: